- Role Type
- One Coleman Street, London
- £Excellent + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- To work collaboratively with colleagues on original research into target companies.
- To make investment recommendations for inclusion into portfolios.
- To maintain active and constructive engagement with the senior managers of investee companies
- To ensure all investment activities are carried out within LGIM corporate and regulatory guidelines and regulations.
- To monitor own recommendations and other portfolio holdings with a view to validating and contesting the investment case.
- To collaborate with marketing and distribution efforts to promote the Team’s and LGIM’s capabilities to clients and consultants/advisors.
- To contribute to the operational and commercial development of the Active Equity Department.
- Skills Required
- A strong track record of experience from within either buy-side or sell-side equity research, investment banking or strategy consulting
- Equity research experience across a wide range of industries, sectors and companies, or equivilant similar experience
- Significant experience in building valuation case for investment using a variety of methods.
- An investment philosophy that is aligned with the existing team and products - Research driven, bottom up, long term and valuation driven.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Educated to degree level
- Ideally educated with Maths A Level (or equivalent)
- MBA or Professional Qualification (eg: CFA or Chartered Accountant) would be desirable
- Preferably an experienced user of Microsoft Office and Bloomberg
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.