- Role Type
- One Coleman Street, London
- £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our Quantitative Strategy team. The role offers an unrivalled opportunity to develop financial and investment knowledge through a structured training and coaching programme along with involvement in high-profile projects. Key responsibilities include research, asset-liability management, strategic asset allocation, bespoke investment strategy and risk management solutions. The successful candidate will be highly quantitative, a skilled programmer, and will have a strong ability to face clients.
- Contribute to the development of Solutions technological infrastructure and analytical research function for multiple investment strategies across all client distribution channels
- Assist in producing thought leadership by developing analysis and materials for internal and external presentations, blogs and white papers
- Understand and discuss relevant market, regulatory, accounting issues with clients on a proactive basis
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the firm’s capabilities, products and services
- Run bespoke ALM analysis for institutional clients
- Provide support in enhancing existing quantitative technology tools
- Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance or quantitative discipline with a minimum of upper second-class honours. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel and other MS office tools
- Advanced programming skills. Knowledge of Matlab or Python is a plus.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organisational skill and ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Self-starter with strong team spirit
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.