- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
To support the growth of LGIM’s Japanese business by representing the Japanese office in LGIM’s UK head office. You will be responsible for assisting the Japan office in building business processes and awareness across the entire organisation as well as over-seeing and ensuring excellent day-to-day service to LGIM Japans clients. In this position you will also work with the Head of Client Solutions, Japan to assist, and where relevant lead, business development opportunities with Japanese clients based in London, This is a key role in the successful building of LGIM’s Japanese business.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with LGIM Japan and any directly investing Japanese clients
- Own and co-ordinate the successful resolution of client enquiries, liaising and utilising expertise from around the business
- Work with internal business areas to provide insight to the UK office; increasing colleague’s understanding of and helping them to deliver on specific Japanese client requirements and cultural expectations
- Provide high level technical support, demonstrating an understanding of a client’s decision making process and long term objectives. Be able to answer complex queries as well as identify business opportunities and threats
- Attending meetings and conference calls where required and take sole responsibility for audit and operational meetings when opportunities arise
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of LGIM products, brand, services and competitors in the market. Develop and maintain knowledge of the current investment market, economic issues and LGIM’s views, enabling you to discuss solutions with clients and consultants.
- Responsible for the preparation of meeting packs for client meetings and new business opportunities
- Maintain excellent working relationships around key business areas at all times
- Oversee and assist with the production of legal documentation, reports and client specific data relevant to the clients investment strategy
- Skills Required
- Strong academic background Degree qualified (preferably 2.1) or equivalent
- Fluent Japanese and English
- Experience within the investment management industry including providing an exceptional level of client service and sales support
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Experience working with Institutional clients
- Strong workflow management experience
- Strong overall Investment knowledge including an understanding of the different investment vehicle options
- Good negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of current investment market and economic issues
- Must possess a good level of ‘gravitas’ and maturity
- Highly team-orientated
- Work to and share best practice
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organised
- Proactive and proven to work on your own initiative
- Hosting and organising client meetings
- Report writing experience and project management skills
- Solid understanding of client on-boarding and client change
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.