Portfolio Monitoring Associate Trainee
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive & bonus & benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
We are currently looking for a Portfolio Monitoring Associate Trainee to support the Portfolio Monitoring Team and perform a range of administrative activities.
A person performing this role would in time be expected to be able to take full accountability of providing a full service to a specified desk area, incorporating the complete workflow of portfolio monitoring processes to ensure that delivery and reporting is timely, accurate and of the highest quality.
- Skills Required
- Collating stats and analysing data.
- Helping to complete board papers in a timely manner.
- Help produce clear and concise management information for various groups, committees and team meetings.
- Collating FOGs (Fund Objectives and Guidelines system) sign offs and uploading them to the portal.
- Updating FOGs - minor changes such as FM changes, strategy name changes.
- Assisting with some simple manual monitoring
- Assisting with management of the centralised Portfolio Monitoring email mailbox and allocation of queries/enquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Assist with drive maintenance tasks (folder hierarchy etc…).
- Process joiner, leavers and movers forms and related documentation
- Assisting the Portfolio Monitoring Managers and wider team, with ad-hoc requests.
As you will be new to the role and the industry we will provide you with learning and support in order to deliver the above job responsibilities.
- Educated to degree level
- Keen interest in financial markets and pursuing a career in the investment management industry.
- Enjoy analytical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient written and oral communication skill communicating well in a team environment and can develop warm client relationships.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, prioritise work and meet tight deadlines.
- Good numeracy and PC skills
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible committed and self-motivated trainee to join our team.
Our trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract.
Please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter answering the following questions:
- Why are you applying to LGIM for this traineeship programme?
- Tell us about your greatest achievement.
- Tell us about the most interesting project or piece of work you have completed as part of your studies at university. What did you have to do and what interested you most about it?
- Tell us about a financial news story that you found interesting and why?
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.