QA Test Analyst
- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
LGIM is looking for a QA Test Analyst to work in the Nexus IT team which is responsible for implementation, enhancement and maintenance of applications used for portfolio management and trading within LGIM. This includes applications directly used by portfolio managers and traders and also by those teams that directly support the investment process such as Portfolio Monitoring – who are responsible for pre- and post-trade compliance checks – and Global Analytics.
The Analyst will work closely with the project manager, scrum master and test manager for each initiative and the Head of Nexus Change Management within LGIM. The first project worked on will be the implementation of a new 3rd party vendor application to be used for the order management of a variety of OTC Derivatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in asset management firms
- Knowledge of buy-side order management processes
- Experience working on projects that have implemented 3rd party vendor applications
- Knowledge of a variety of OTC Derivatives
Excellent communications skills are a pre-requisite.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Produce test plans as required for the Epic or User Story.
- Design tests of all key data feeds and exports.
- Identify and resolve errors; take ownership and accountability of issues.
- Execute QA testing of the story level features, taking a pragmatic, common sense approach to exploratory testing
- Provide handover and support to business users during longer periods of UAT in preparation of a release
- Provide clear reporting and status updates through the appropriate mediums, including escalations as appropriate
- Ensure that business analysis requirements are reflected correctly as test conditions within the test control application.
- Ensure that once a project is complete, test conditions are reassigned to Regression test pack for applications via the QA team.
- Skills Required
- Graduate calibre, although degree not essential.
Technical and Professional Qualifications
- ISEB, ISTQB, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating certifications/further learning.
- Ideally IMC, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating an interest in the business.
- Demonstrated history of learning, particularly in the front office environment.
Experience and Background
- Must have worked in an asset management company as a QA tester.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate the time taken to carry out QA testing.
- Demonstrated ability to execute test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ideally have experience of automated test processes.
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Competence and Characteristics
- Have a flexible approach to work and be comfortable with context switching and changing priorities
- Ability to quickly integrate with the existing team and develop good working relationships.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group from within the Business and Technology
- Must be able to demonstrate critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish blocking bugs from nice to have improvements
- Stay abreast of developments and identify new tools and techniques that may be of use to the team
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.