Data Support Analyst
- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive & bonus & benefits
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The Production Support Data & Batch Team manage business and technical problems arising from deliverables of LGIM’s Data Programme including the Master Data Management System, the Client Book of Records (CBOR) and the Investment Book of Records (IBOR). It also provides support for the strategic messaging infrastructure (ESB) and various other data related applications.
- Provide second line support for all issues relating to Data systems within the scope of the Data Support team
- Become Subject Matter Expert for the Markit EDM system, used for mastering instrument and index data as well as building knowledge on the Phoenix IBOR
- Ensure all incidents are recorded according to standard procedures.
- Specify and/or develop appropriate monitoring to detect or prevent production incidents
- Analyse issues as they occur, working with software and data suppliers, business users and other IT departments to prioritise and progress resolution in appropriate timescales
- Communicate with business and other IT teams the status of any issues
- Identify and capture any resultant business requirements and feed back into existing or future data work-streams
- Monitor and record Service Level Agreements with consuming systems
- Provide Management Information which will help to recognise common issue types, resolution patterns and the cost of running the function
- Document current processes and common exception types
- Ensure that common standards and procedures are applied across all Production Support teams
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis for supported systems.
- Skills Required
- Highly analytical with logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent knowledge of data and how it is used in an asset management organisation, particularly client reporting
- Capable of understanding database structures with the ability to query and analyse underlying data patterns
- Good communicator who has the ability to work within a tight knit team
Profile of ideal candidate
- Graduate calibre, although degree not essential
Technical and Professional Qualifications
- Ideally IMC, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating an interest in the business
- Demonstrated history of learning. For example, conferences or specific training courses relating to the management of Data with the Investment Management industry.
Experience and Background
- Must have worked in a fund management company as a Support Analyst and have an excellent understanding of how data is managed and consumed.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach with other teams to establish appropriate approach to projects
Competence and Characteristics
- Communication: Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of business and IT staff.
- Attention to Detail: Must be able to demonstrate the ability to record accurately all steps involved in issue investigation and resolution.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Good knowledge of Investment functions for an Institutional Fund Management company
- Knowledge of Master Data Management Systems (ideally Markit EDM / CADIS)
- Knowledge of messaging technologies / Enterprise Service Bus systems.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.