- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £983.3bn* (as at 31 December 2017). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
LGIM is one of the world’s leading providers of index fund management. We are at the forefront of developments in liability-driven risk management solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, a leading provider of defined contribution solutions and also offer wide range of strategies to help our clients manage their investment objectives. LGIM continues to innovate as markets evolve, building strong relationships with clients including pension scheme, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers and other professional investors.
We understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. By engaging with businesses, we aim to unlock value for investors and shape the future and sustainability of financial markets.
In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
LGIM is looking for a Programme Manager to join Business Change in the Regulatory/Compliance domain. The team provides management of the portfolio pipeline of change, consulting with the business, developing proposals into light business cases, delivery of projects/programmes of work, managing the business impacts and partnering with IT Application Development to oversee the technology changes. The intention is to ensure change is smoothly implemented, and that the lasting benefits can be measured and achieved.
The role will manage specific projects /programmes for Regulatory/Compliance related change across LGIM’s institutional functions. The book of work includes SFTR, EMIR, GDPR, MiFID II, CSDR in 2019, but there is a roadmap in place for the next three years.
- Setting up projects (and project phases) to succeed in terms of engagement, methodology, scope, design, operating models, resourcing and planning
- Managing multiple project streams covering both business and technology change to deliver the required capabilities to budget, time and quality constraints
- Managing business relationship with senior stakeholders – credible relationship manager for change projects across the business domain
- Reviewing key project deliverables to ensure alignment to strategy/business case is maintained and that high standards are delivered
- Ensuring adherence to best practices and audit compliance for project delivery, change control and risk containment
- Ensuring that all benefits are clearly identified, tracked and realised so that projects are accepted by the business and successfully transitioned into service
- Prepare, monitor and control the portfolio and project budgets, supporting annual and other budgeting processes
- Ensure delivery involves successful collaboration with business stakeholders, Business Change, IT Application Development, Tech Ops, PMO and other teams
- Preparation and reporting to the Regulatory Change Management Committee
- Skills Required
- Degree level education preferred
- PRINCE 2 or other formal project methodology
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in Financial Services, especially Investment Management
- Experience of regulatory/compliance driven change is essential
- Sound understanding of IT software and infrastructure
- Experience of project/programme budgeting and roadmapping
- Proven track record of personally managing successful projects/programmes
- Experience of running projects which introduce organisational and process change to business functions
- Experience of Agile/iterative delivery methodologies
- Demonstrable consulting approach
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Structured approach to project/programme management
- Advanced use of standard project tools such as MS Project
- Excellent communications skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.