Assistant Transition Portfolio Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Legal & General Investment Management is one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with total assets of GBP 957 / EUR 1,090 / CHF 1,191 billion*. We work with a wide range of global clients, including pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, fund distributors and retail investors
Throughout the past 40 years we have built our business through understanding what matters most to our clients and transforming this insight into valuable, accessible investment products and solutions. We provide investment expertise across the full spectrum of asset classes including fixed income, equities, commercial property and cash. Our capabilities range from index-tracking and active strategies to liquidity management and liability-based risk management solutions.
*as at 30 June 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- A transition fund manager, responsible for the short term portfolio management of assets undergoing restructure.
- Contribute to the formulation of proposed trading & implementation strategies around transitions. Liaise with other departments and teams as required to deliver a consistent high quality solutions to all clients
- Build on prior relevant experience to manage simple transitions building up to more complex events, post an initial induction period of 12-16 weeks.
- Gain experience with the pre and post trade aspects for transition management in both equity and fixed income.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the project manager and support them in their role as required.
- Design and submit solution based proposals for the efficient implementation of an asset allocation restructure.
- Provide both technical expertise and market knowledge when required either pre / during or post a transition. When required support client relationship managers when planning a transition (explaining strategy etc) and following implementation.
- Educate client / consultants on the issues and costs of transitioning mandates involving fixed income and equity assets.
- Present a detailed transition analysis to client’s pre and post their restructure.
Project & I.T.
- Actively help test and implement tactical solutions to allow LGIM to increase their capacity for transitions.
- Understand the issues with IT projects and what makes a successful project.
- Understand how business users can help IT, learn what helps good design.
- Work on Ad-hoc Projects representing transitions where applicable. Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders across LGIM to ensure project success.
- Skills Required
- Aim to be confident across multiple asset classes: fixed income, equities, futures and currency.
- Become a subject matter expert in transition management; understand the complexities surrounding PMC funds.
- Has a strong understanding of LGIM products and processes and stays up to date with industry issues.
- A ‘hands-on’ fully competent transition manager.
- University degree required
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.