Asset Services Supervisor
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Legal & General Investment Management is one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with total assets of GBP 957 / EUR 1,090 / CHF 1,191 billion*. We work with a wide range of global clients, including pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, fund distributors and retail investors
Throughout the past 40 years we have built our business through understanding what matters most to our clients and transforming this insight into valuable, accessible investment products and solutions. We provide investment expertise across the full spectrum of asset classes including fixed income, equities, commercial property and cash. Our capabilities range from index-tracking and active strategies to liquidity management and liability-based risk management solutions.
*as at 30 June 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Proactively supervise the Cash Management Team, ensuring cash processing, funding, overdrafts & claims are managed effectively.
- Contribute and support the investment operations strategy putting into operation through staff.
- Evolve team structure in order to support the team objectives.
- Engage the workforce to support results, being an advocate for change across operational functions and processes.
- Continuously examine and evaluate departmental processes and procedures to ensure client service is maintained by prioritising work input/output.
- Proactively identify process improvements, service and risks to ensure client service is robust to meet capacity and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage and direct the resolution of day to day operational issues and resolve anomalies to ensure high-level of customer service and accurate transactions.
- End to end understanding of team’s tasks and how they relate and impact to all processes, ensuring standard ways of working are applied consistently.
- Represent the team and department in a professional manner, understanding and anticipating the business needs, developing good working relationships with all internal and external parties.
- Continuously evaluate the system integrity to ensure it’s robust and trusted in order to support the departments objectives to enable an efficient operational service delivery in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform operation processes and system.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies and systems. Recommend and lead the creation and automation of operational processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with manager/team fostering credibility and influence towards developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share best practise, creating an awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Maintain robust service levels to key stakeholders.
- Produce management information to management highlighting trends, analysis and errors.
- Work closely with service providers to ensure service provision supports team’s objectives/goals.
- Recruit, develop and engage team members, ensuring staff are clear of their responsibilities including daily targets.
- Ensuring team effectiveness through active performance management. Identify training and development needs of staff and team to support department objectives. Manage staff sickness where applicable.
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Be accountable for sign-off of teams Risk Management System controls. Continuously review controls to ensure in line with current business processes.
- Robust support and implementation of projects/initiatives.
- Skills Required
- Robust technical investment knowledge/experience relevant to role.
- Proven experience of supervising a team, equivalent to like functions.
- Strong experience of oversight and processing controls/knowledge.
- Provable people management skills, ability of delivering change.
- Provable experience of challenging historic working practises, suggesting process improvements with the support and buy-in from your team.
- Proven experience of dealing with and influencing staff/peers and across teams.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Self-assured networking across Front Office, Investment Operations environments.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to understand issues, find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Experience of implementing projects.
- Ability to challenge debate and influence internally and externally.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearing and logically.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
- Developed presentation skills.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.