Fund Accounting Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Legal & General Investment Management is one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with total assets of GBP 957 / EUR 1,090 / CHF 1,191 billion*. We work with a wide range of global clients, including pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, fund distributors and retail investors
Throughout the past 40 years we have built our business through understanding what matters most to our clients and transforming this insight into valuable, accessible investment products and solutions. We provide investment expertise across the full spectrum of asset classes including fixed income, equities, commercial property and cash. Our capabilities range from index-tracking and active strategies to liquidity management and liability-based risk management solutions.
*as at 30 June 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
The focus of the function is on meeting stakeholder reporting requirements, maintaining an effective control environment and minimising risk. As the diversity of the asset and funds base evolves the function needs to keep up to speed with the evolution of the asset, funds and technology base by continually adapting and improving process efficiency and control. Principal responsibilities include:
Fund Accounting, reporting and valuation
- Proactively manage a team of Fund Accountants and Supervisors to provide fund accounting, fund valuation and financial control services to a portfolio of funds.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly fund valuation and accounting (as required)
- Perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring controls and procedures are followed managing the resolution of complex issues.
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimized.
- Provide accounting policy advice and work collaboratively to produce technical accounting policy notes (as required).
- Ensure excellent service levels are maintained to all fund stakeholders (internal and external).
- Complete and review VAT and property tax returns
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform, processes and system.
- Represent the team, department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner.
Fund Financial control
- Ensure effective internal controls activities are operating and proactively identify any control gaps or risks
- Keep risk management monitoring systems up to date
- Proactively review, identify and implement efficient process enhancements to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issues.
- Robust management and implementation of projects/initiatives
- Produce insightful and meaningful MI reporting of trends, analysis of errors and near misses.
- Work collaboratively with manager, staff and peers to share best practice, enhance operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
Oversight of outsourced providers
- Work collaboratively with outsourced service providers to ensure service provision supports business requirements.
- Monitor and oversee the work of third party service providers of accounting information
- Recruit, manage, develop and engage team members to produce a productive and high quality team.
- Implement department strategy as necessary through staff.
- Ensure team proficiency through pro-active performance management.
- Proactively identify training and development needs of staff which provide a focus for delivery in line with department objectives and Ops strategy.
- Skills Required
- Academic Qualifications: Degree or equivalent experience is essential;
- Professional: Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience is essential;
- Specialist knowledge / skills – UK GAAP and IFRS Financial reporting and Real Estate VAT knowledge;
- Strong property investment industry knowledge/experience is essential;
- Strong excel skills
- Proven experience of managing a team, leadership and people management;
- Experience of managing and delivering within a changing environment;
- Ability to successfully influence internally and externally stakeholders at all levels to achieve objectives
- Experience of challenging historic working practices and delivering process improvements.
- Collaborative, focused and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
Competence / Characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Disciplined, analytical with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic approach
- Self starter
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to interpret financial data quickly and accurately
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.