BTR Senior Asset Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- One Coleman Street, London
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Legal & General Investment Management is one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with total assets of GBP 957 / EUR 1,090 / CHF 1,191 billion*. We work with a wide range of global clients, including pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, fund distributors and retail investors
Throughout the past 40 years we have built our business through understanding what matters most to our clients and transforming this insight into valuable, accessible investment products and solutions. We provide investment expertise across the full spectrum of asset classes including fixed income, equities, commercial property and cash. Our capabilities range from index-tracking and active strategies to liquidity management and liability-based risk management solutions.
*as at 30 June 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Design and implement initial asset operational business plans. To include letting and service level strategy. Maximising asset value during the initial letting up phase.
- Continue asset management responsibility to the key schemes beyond the initial letting up period.
- Work closely on a daily basis with the Property Management partners within each scheme.
- Influence the design of new schemes to maximise operational efficiency and resident demand.
- Assist in the preparation of the Asset Business Plans, at initial site acquisition and through the hold period.
- Innovate and identify best practice globally to maximise income.
- Identify and execute value add opportunities.
- Assist in the sourcing and underwriting of appropriate investment opportunities.
- Research, model and carry out due diligence in the design and delivery of business plans.
- Liaise with the Fund’s valuers, property managing agents and solicitors.
- Assist in the Fund reporting both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain good contacts with key advisors.
- Skills Required
- Excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude, strong A levels and a degree (which may be non-cognate) or equivalent.
- Whilst not necessarily from an asset management background, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong awareness of this function, together with a solid investment acumen and an energetic approach.
- A strong track record of experience within the residential/student/hospitality sector is preferred.
- An ability to innovate and create, to identify and implement ways to release value and grow operational income.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- A team player and a good communicator.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.